Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 2... on the road again!



Due to the lateness of the evening last night, I was unable to catch you up on all the things that I wanted to about our first day out on the road. We saw more snow yesterday, than all the snow we saw all winter, in Spokane (kinda weird). As we went up Look Out Pass, we went from 49 degrees, to 32 degrees in a matter of minutes and drove through, and past, the snow line! I kinda forget about out world, outside of Spokane, sometimes and just because WE didn't get snow, doesn't mean that the mountains didn't get snow. I was also AMAZED at how many cattle we saw. I guess when there is massive amounts of land and now people around, it makes for good cattle farming.

So as I spent some wonderful bonding time with my girls last night, as we shared a room together (As much as I enjoyed our stay at the Idaho Falls AmeriTel Inn, they did not even have any adjoining rooms, so we separated boys and girls.), I learned a few things about them..
1- Not only does Emma sing in her sleep, but she also snores!
2- Claire has a fascination with bathrooms new to her. I honestly lost count the number of times she went to the bathroom, for some reason.
3- Claire moves A LOT in her sleep. I am not sure how Emma is able to sleep with all the noise she makes moving around.

The boys also learned things about each other, as they bonded...
1- Seth, Skyzr, and Tucker found out just how much daddy snores at night.
2- Daddy found out that Tucker, apparently, has a magnet in his body, that keeps, at least, one part of his body to be attached to the body of the person he is sleeping with.


If you are ever in Idaho Falls, ID and need a place to stay, we do recommend the Airport AmeriTel Inn. It was very clean, very polite and helpful staff, and quite a filling and tasty breakfast.

Thus far, today's trip is about as exciting as yesterday's, which is good, because excitement could mean danger and/or trouble. Right now, we are traveling through Nevada, still 209 miles away from our destination. We just are driving past a dairy farm and there is a rest stop about a mile away, other than trucks, cars, sagebrush, and mountains, with snow, that is about all there is to see here. We have already driven over 400 miles today, and all we have really seen was Salt Lake City, UT. Oh, wait, I forgot about the Petting Zoo. Yes, I said Petting Zoo. I have NO idea where we were, because there was nothing, and had been nothing, around, but out of nowhere, a Flying J showed up, where we stopped for bathrooms, lunch, and gas, and there, right across the street was a Petting Zoo, that was having the final touches put on and officially opening in 7 days. I think the most exciting part of the day has been being able to make good timing because we have been able to drive 80 miles/hour for a good portion of our day. I haven't driven this fast since I was driving down the Autobahn, 17 years ago, at 100 mph, in a little Ford Fiesta. And, yes, we have been following the speed limits.

So that will do it for now. We will keep driving and make it to Las Vegas, NV around 7 pm.

Mitz

It's a day late post, but I got it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment