Tuesday, May 11, 2010

His view, my correct view



San Diego was cool. Really need to come back soon. Maybe someone other than the 5 year old will do the rides. We decided to win the lotto and spend a few months to really explore all the city and surrounding area has to offer. We did not see one bikini. Nor did we see one fat guy in a speedo. So, you can understand our need to return. The USS Midway was the best part of the trip for me. Can't believe how much our service men are made to suffer before they even get to the fighting. I would not want to spend YEARS on that huge metal headbanger. I also liked the one mexican meal we had there. Thanks sis-in-law! Other than that it was pretty boring ;) Since I just use two fingers to get this into the awesome mac, I'll turn it over to the only good half.

jeff


It was sad parting ways, with my parents, but we all have real lives to get back to. We were able to pull out of the driveway before 9 am and headed northeast, to Fresno, then to network TV (do you know where that line comes from?). It was a short 5 hour drive today, well actually 6 with LA traffic (yes, LA traffic only added 1 extra hour... actually it probably only added 35 minutes, we stopped for lunch today, instead of making lunch, while driving). It was nice to have a short drive, to get to the hotel early enough to partake of the warm pool and relaxing hot tub. You'll NEVER guess where we had dinner. Fresno was the only town I couldn't find a good restaurant at restaurant.com. We had a Costco pizza (it sits just behind our hotel). Well actually the KIDS at the whole pizza, while Jeff and I shared a caesar salad. Then we shared a few Very Berry Ice Cream. It was a cheap and quite tasty dinner.

Tomorrow we continue our trek north, with a slight eastward, then southern route. We are going to go through the Sequoia National Forest, on our way to Sacramento. It will be a longer day, but hopefully a fun and educational day (By the way, for all you home schooling people out there, we have been able to continue with some of our work... the kids are doing some of their read alones and I have been reading to them, in between movies, while fighting our way though the 6 states.). I saw on weather.com that Sequoia National Forest had a chance of snow last night. Let's all pray for a bit warmer weather than that.

Well in order to get up early and get out of here to make our schedule, I need to go to bed.

I'm off until tomorrow.

Mitz

No comments:

Post a Comment