Friday, May 14, 2010

New Day, New State






Sorry for the lost of a post yesterday. I thought it a bit more important to spend some good, quality time with the kids, swimming in the 80 degree outdoor swimming pool, in the booming metropolis of Redding, CA. We all had a blast, especially Tucker, who seems to LOVE jumping into the pool, in my arms.

I am actually going to first tell you about today, since it is fresh on my mind, since it just happened. We had a tasty breakfast at the Lumberjack and headed out of Redding to Portland, OR. It took us 9 hours to go that distance, with several potty breaks in between. I also got to drive my own car for the first time in almost two weeks! I am happy to say, I remember how to do so. Jeff has done an AMAZING job at driving us across the country.

We were treated to good food and good fellowship upon our arrival. It was so good to spend the evening with our friends from our old growth group in Spokane, Holly and David Counts. The food was so yummy, but the fellowship and getting caught up on our lives was far better. Jeff and Holly played a rousing game of Mastermind, which Holly did win, while David practiced his PA stuff on my kids! They had a blast being his guinea pigs! The excitement of the evening was when the apartment security showed up to respond to a disturbance of the peace call. Little A was just making too much noise jumping up and down. If we were too loud, David and Holly, then our neighbors in the hotel should probably should be put in front of a firing squad.

We finally arrived to our FINAL hotel at 10:40 this evening! We were the last of their reservations to check-in. After checking in, I was given the low-down on the pool/spa and breakfast, which begins at 4 AM!! Yeah, I said, don't expect me to be the first in line! Tomorrow we plan to see Seth and Emma's all-time favorite babysitter, Miss Ann!!! We will also go to Ikea (last call on any orders for us to pick up anything for you) and head to the Iverson's, in The Dalles, for the LAST night of our trip! It is hard to believe we are quickly approaching the end of our vacation!

Now, let me tell you about yesterday! What a day!!! We checked out of the hotel and decided to walk the 1.3 miles to the Train Museum. It was really nice to get out and get some exercise. As we arrived they were moving one of the steam engines onto the turntable to put it back into the museum. That was pretty cool! After we paid for our trip through the Train Museum and spent about 10 minutes in there, we realized we WEREN'T in the Train Museum, but the History of Sacramento Museum. SInce we had paid for it, we went through and learned quite a bit about the history of Sacrament. I guess the museum does it's job. We finally made it to the Train Museum and the boys were in their element. Emma and Claire enjoyed walking through and make believing they were actually young ladies living in the time of the train era. They were very cute. It was a cool adventure and we appreciate the Kuhs suggesting it to us.

My whole family is now sleeping, I can hear Jeff snoring, so I should end this post and head to bed myself. Pray for a good night's sleep for Little A, she is having some real hard nights. Sleep well everyone.


Mitz

No comments:

Post a Comment