Friday, May 7, 2010

A Day at the San Diego Zoo!






We were able to spend 7 whole hours at the zoo today and came home with NO major sunburns. That certainly is quite the success for a gaggle of Welch/Scottish/Swedish folks. It was an adventure trying to get "11 Amigos in San Diego... May 2010" (I'll post a pic of what the shirts look like, thanks to Ba.), but after finally understanding the Zoo map, we ventured toward the theatre to watch "In Flight", the live bird extravaganza. Then we sat still and people watched for 6.5 hours. Kinda boring but saved our feet from all the walking. Did you know there are lots of people at the San Diego zoo? They say they have more species of animal than any other zoo-they were really referring to the human animals we experienced (our family included). It seems sad to me they have all of those animals in cages when some of the people are the ones needing them. Lions, tigers, and piercings oh my. However, learning was accomplished as well. For instance, a 15 pound baby weighs A MILLION pounds after all day in your now six foot long arms. We believe this is how monkeys became knuckle draggers. "cuz you know-they didn't have strollers! It turns out, the park is only 100 acres. Still, it has 3 or 4 million miles of walkways (all up hill in the snow). Also, wear a hat in the aviaries.

We spent 1.5 days there and really could spend another whole day to see it all. What a racket. Just give me a couple cages with hairless dogs or kittens with tiger stripes and call it good. Did I mention about the throbbing feet? And really, who needs elephants when we have Walmart shoppers? The boys were most fascinated by the ......poop. We even got to see the explosive rearward action of the hippo while under water! Not to be missed I'll tell you.
Found out that the owls eyes take up so much room that there is not any left for the brain. Like most males I know.


Sorry about the several space delay. I just got lost. Again with the learning. First, there is no night life in this goofy town (good for less traffic when lost). Second, I have a gps. Third, it doesn't matter if you have a gps and you don't remember you have a gps!
The zoo was good. Dinner was great. Aunt bone stepped up and foolishly purchased mexican for the livestock- i.e. I hate shredded beef, I only like ground beef. I hate bean sauce (refried beans). I hate...well, you get the picture. My first ever fish taco was AWSOME. Then the shrimp burrito was over the top. It was even better than taco bell. ; ) The kids are all snug in their rented house beds and I am beyond ready myself. Getting lost can really wear a guy out!

Jeffers

No comments:

Post a Comment